Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Art of the Tea Party

This morning I am up early to finish the final preparations for a tea party. Every since my granddaughter was born more than three years ago, I have talked about having high tea with her grand ma ma. Well, the day has finally arrived. Today will be the first high tea.

In preparation I have discovered a whole tea culture. There is a plethora of web sites and blogs dealing with nothing but tea and tea parties. I had no idea. Anything and everything you would or could ever want or need to know about tea is out there, from recipes for cucumber sandwiches to what kind of tea to serve with different foods. We are keeping things relatively simple, some quiche and strawberries, scones and tea sandwiches, and of course tea cake.

I have discovered there is an art to tea parties. If you have a story you would like to share with me about your experience with the art of tea, please send me your comments.

Keep an eye out for photos of the party. It should be fun!

No comments: