Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall is the season for art shows!



OH, my! Here it is the middle of September and I have not had time to post anything on my blog this month. I am sure that time is moving faster. It seems as though the summer barely started and now it is nearly over. Classes will be starting soon and the weather will force me into the studio.

Don't you just love Fall's colors!

The leaves are turning and the Mums are blooming.
I have been busy all summer creating art for different art shows. It seems to me "When it rains, it pours" I have one show after another and they overlap in such a way as to not allow me to use the same pieces twice, Yikes! Well that is one way to get you off your backside and into the studio or outside creating.

Here is a rundown of the shows I have going:
Benton County Historical Museum in Philomath has a show of LBCC Benton Center Art Instructors. I have SIX colored pencil pieces in this show. Runs through October 4th.
Just dropped off a piece for at the Art Center in Corvallis for the 6th Around Oregon Annual Show. It runs October 2nd - 30th.
Have just finished a painting for the Showcase of Local Artists at this years Fall Festival Saturday and Sunday September 27th and 28th.
I am working on paintings to be juried Monday for the Vista's and Vineyards Annual Show at LaSells Stewart Center, OSU Campus. It will run September 29th to October 29th.

The painting of the leaf is in titled "Fall's Festival" it is 32"X 20". It is colored pencil with just a touch of gold and copper leaf along the leaf edges.

No comments: