Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mrs. Cellophane


This is my space to rant and rave so here goes.

I recently had the great pleasure of being accepted into a juried show at a art center. Imagine my excitement at receiving an acceptance letter and not a rejection letter, we all have oodles of those. The time for the show approaches and I send out press releases to my local art guild. I get a response back telling me "It looks like at least 6 so I probably won't call out anyone specifically." I then find out my name has been omitted from the list of artist in the art center's press material. My name is not on the post cards, press releases, nothing! I get the art guild newsletter and guess what, they call out the artists who are in the show specifically, but of course my name is not among them. Needless to say I am quite bummed. I feel like Mrs. Cellophane, you know like in the Broadway Musical of Chicago. Well, there is not much I can do about it except to gripe about it on my blog.

So, if you have ever had a similar experience please let me know.

Oh, and my colored pencil painting titled "YIN YANG" is in the show.

No comments: