Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Artist in the Classroom


Yesterday I had the privilege of spending 90 minutes in Mrs. Eastwood's high school art class talking about and sharing my love of colored pencils. It began with a request from Mrs. Eastwood to the Corvallis Art Guild for artists to spend time in the art room with the kids teaching techniques and discussing the business side of the art world. I was privileged in high school to have a very talented and enthusiastic teacher who introduced me to a variety of different art forms. It was under her encouragement that I learned the joy of the community of artist. I jumped at the chance to give back in whatever way I could.

Thank you Mrs. Eastwood and students for allowing me to share my colored pencil art with you. Thank you Mrs. Horting for your encouragement all those years ago.

No comments: