Monday, January 5, 2009

Early Spring Clean

Well, it's a brand new year and time to think about the future. I have been thinking about my art and what new directions it will take in 2009.

To begin the process I am cleaning out my studio space. Yikes! At first it seemed a daunting and insurmountable task but my loving partner helped me with the first steps. We broke it down and just started by sorting through the closet. He suggested that I remove anything that did not have to do with art or the business of art. That got the ball rolling and I have been proceeding quite successfully. I have a pile for the thrift store, a pile for recycle, and a pile of garbage. When I finish I hope to have a room where I can work that inspires me.

I think it is important to have a space for your art work, small or large, someplace where your art is center to everything else. I also think if I clear out old stuff it will make room for fresh ideas to enter, a kind of Fug Shui concept. So, get busy and clear some space for your art in 2009!

No comments: