Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Silver Creek


Last week I was in some of the most beautiful country in the world. I happily found myself in the Boise National Forest in Peace Valley, Idaho along a clear mountain stream named Silver Creek. I was fascinated by the huge granite rock formations and canyons. It has been a long time since I was surrounded by this beauty.

I awoke early my first day and ventured out to find a spot to paint. It didn't take long to find a spot along the banks of the stream that inspired me. I set to work and within a few hours caught the picturesque setting on my paper. Several fishermen and woman stopped to take a look as I worked. I don't know how they did with fishing but I came away with "a keeper".

It was fun painting in a place that I don't usually get to visit.

No comments: