Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Inspiration at last!



Finally back in the studio working again!

I have been thinking about doing a painting of a waterfall for several years. I was in the Columbia River Gorge at an artist retreat a few years ago. On my last morning there, I sat before one of the falls and sketched just as the sun was starting to break above the rim of the canyon. I snapped several reference photos and headed for home.

Well, that was three or four years ago. In my search for inspiration I cam across the sketch I did that morning in the canyon.

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately I have not been able to locate the pictures I shot that morning. Here is my sketch and a thumbnail I did for the larger painting.

"If you want to be a painter never look at pictures." - Winslow Homer

I have a frame all ready, actually it is an old painting I did many years ago so I am recycling! The frame measures 16" X 32".

No comments: