Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Waterfall Painting Progress Part2

After receiving critiques from those I trust I worked on adding more depth to the foliage especially the middle ground trees. They needed more shadow to make them feel round and, as an artist friend said, "holes for the birds to fly through".

I added more dark values, I wanted to emphasize the feeling of the light as it poured out from above the canyon rim so I needed allot of contrast. I also worked on opening a space in the row of foliage just past the front grasses to allow the viewer to move back into the painting.

I added more trees to the canyon rim and more color to the sky.

1 comment:

CVOChristi said...

I like your changes. I think you were successful in what you were trying to do. The piece does draw you in now. Great job!