Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back to work!

After the holiday season and a much needed rest it is time once again to get back to work. I am so fortunate that work is also play for me. I get to work with many talented artists in my teaching job. My students drive me to work harder at my own art. Working with them and watching them develop as artists is such a joy to me. I have said may times that I learn as much, or more, from them than I feel they learn from me.

This time last year I was in quite a slump. A "Dead Working Period". No drive, desire or motivation. This time of year it is hard to stay motivated. The short days and lack of natural light. The studio is the only practical space to work due to the weather. All these factors combine and make it hard to get inspired. This year is different. This year I cannot find enough time to work on the many things I have planned in my mind. So much to do , so little time! What a difference a year makes.

Happy creating!